In episode 5 of the "It Pays to Fish" podcast, Angie walks you through the ins and outs of Mariner's Learning System's Captain in a Box course in order to obtain your OUPV/Six-Pack United States Coast Guard Captain's License. She covers why it is so important to go through a program such as Mariner's Learning System and also walks you through all of the requirements you should consider before setting out on this journey.
It is not an easy undertaking by any means, but it has some major rewards! If you want to improve your resume, cement your knowledge of maritime rules and regulations, are interested in boating professionally such as being a fishing guide, doing a sightseeing charter, running a dive boat, or towing for hire you'll need to have your captain's license!
In this episode you'll learn:
- About the various types of captain's licenses and endorsements.
- All of the requirements you need to have before you can apply for your license.
- What you'll receive as part of Mariner's Learning System's Captain in a Box package.
- What types of topics you'll be studying in order to pass the license exam.
- What the testing process looks like.
Here are some photos:
This is Angie Scott piloting "Living the Dream" for the 1st time!
This is Angie when she was in training for the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary Boat Crew. She's demonstrating the proper way to flemish a line.
Angie sporting her Tropical Blue Uniform on her way home from a training weekend in Chattanooga, TN.