In episode 11 of It Pays to Fish, I feature an interview with Salt Strong brother Joe Simonds. He and his brother Luke took the plunge BIG TIME and quit six-figure jobs to follow their passion to start a fishing company. How incredible is that? Joe had to completely uproot and move from Georgia to Florida with his wife and kids. I guarantee you will find a wealth of inspiration and information in Joe's story.
The company they started, called Salt Strong, has built up an amazing community over the past few years, and they've done this though a lot of hard work and sticking to their initial why. Though their blog, YouTube channel, social media, online courses, and podcast, among other things, they've managed to create more than just a fishing company. They've created a movement.
As with many young start-ups, it wasn't all smooth sailing. They've made mistakes and learned a lot along the way. In the beginning, for instance, they were having great success selling Salt Strong apparel but ended up making a difficult decision to give up that lucrative income stream as they realized that didn't exactly align with their why.
In this episode, I also reveal a new direction in my own young journey. Be sure and listen in to get the full scoop and find out where It Pays to Fish is heading!
- Salt Strong
- Join the Salt Strong Insider Club
- Fish Strong Fishing Reports
- Fish Strong Podcast on iTunes
- "How to Quit Your Job and Start a Fishing Company"- Fish Strong Video Podcast Episode 28
- Salt Strong Page on Facebook
- Salt Strong Group on Facebook
- Salt Strong on YouTube
- "Fishing in Our Soul" Music Video on YouTube
- "Fishing in Our Soul" on iTunes
- It Pays to Fish Podcast Website
- No Bananas Outfitters